Russell, - interesting idea and I appreciate it within the line I don't
really appreciate.
I pretend to be one of the 'research oriented' - I am reluctant of saying
"scientist" - which may fit into a robot-performed activity.
In the commi administration I had a pretty free hand to come up with ideas -
and perform them (THEN the administration denied the money usually, but
sometimes I could circumvent them and implement my thing as a private
enterprise in the commi framework).
The 'robotic' in my mind looks still as working on a fixed basis
(software-memory?) even if it produces unexpected relations ((among
them!!)). I worked with 'free' ideas what nobody thought of (hence my 38
patents and numerous industrial implementations) and the main question was:
what would THAT do in practice? (No base-line to build on).