Well, I did not visualize a 'park' of machines. I was stuck with ONE.
I am still stuck with the 'selection'  in
"...the interesting concept is the study of
classes of functions which* can be recognized* by a machine."
Can it recognize functions outside its inner capabilities? Or in such cases
serve the  other (unlimited anount of) machines to help out? That would be
beyond me.
John