I've been suspecting that some problems of ontology can be solved
nicely if we practise a little therapeutic philosophy first.

I'm claiming that when we talk about existence, for instance "X
exists", then we should always qualify it with base set Y as in "X
exists in Y". And that unqualified use, as done in metaphysics (and in
the subject of this group), is an ontological fallacy - existence "in
the general sense" is meaningless.

This reduces the nebulous question "does X exist?" to the problem of
finding a suitable base set Y. Thus a seemingly fundamental question
is resolved to a logical/linguistic misstep.

People often seem to think that to exist, X has to have the quality of
existing, but we can get rid of that in this way, simplify our
thinking and gain some peace of mind.