On Sep 1, 1:08 am, Quentin Anciaux <allco...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Ok... But what is the ontological status of the Y ?
>
> What you're saying is that there is no universal meaning of existing...
> could I say then that existing relatively to Y has no meaning until Y
> existence is given and defined ?
>
> Regards,
> Quentin

Hi! I'm trying to remove this universal ontological status altogether.
Once it's gone, everything exists almost trivially, as it shouldn't be
hard to find the Y. For instance, X exists in the singleton set { X }.

I suspect that "exists" in the absolute sense grew out of the relative
sense "exists in the world", until it became the center for a whole
area of philosophical inquiry. I no longer see the absolute sense as
meaningful.

My motivation was to find a good justification for theses such as:
mathematical existence guarantees existence in general.