On 05 Feb 2011, at 12:08, Andrew Soltau wrote:

On 05/02/11 01:11, David Nyman wrote:
Bruno's argument is that if we nail our colours to computation for
an explanation of mind, then we should expect any "physics" extracted
from it to have just such counter-intuitive characteristics.
Hi David

Thanks, this too is very helpful.

'Looking at' Father Dougal I now always see Ardall O'Hanlon, whom I consider one of the great comic geniuses of all time. An excellent choice of front!

Ah! Father Ted is one of my favorite TV series. And, BTW, here is a good father Ted introduction to the difference between dreams and reality:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5AB7IDw3PNI

:)