On 2/17/2011 9:43 PM, Jason Resch wrote:

On Thu, Feb 17, 2011 at 7:49 PM, Stephen Paul King <stephe...@charter.net <mailto:stephe...@charter.net>> wrote:

    Hi All,
        Question: Why must Platonia exist?

How many ways are there to arrange 4 people in a line? If you think the answer 24 is true, regardless of any assumptions of axioms or set theory, etc. then truth has an objective, eternal, causeless existence of its own.

No.  http://plato.stanford.edu/entries/truth-deflationary/

"The common mistake is to assume that truth /has/ a nature of the kind that philosophers might find out about and develop theories of. For the deflationist, truth has no nature beyond what is captured in ordinary claims such as that 'snow is white' is true just in case snow is white. Philosophers looking for the nature of truth are bound to be frustrated, the deflationist says, because they are looking for something that isn't there."

Brent
It is worthy of notice that the sentence 'I smell the scent of violets' has the same content as the sentence 'it is true that I smell the scent of violets'. So it seems, then, that nothing is added to the thought by my ascribing to it the property of truth.
            --- Frege, 1918
These truths and falsehoods define or depend on the existence of other abstract objects, propositions, theoreticals, etc.