Hi,

What do you mean by Platonia?

The kind of Platonia in Tegmark or in Peter's (1Z) post does not make sense for mathematicians. Even if you are using a theory like Quine's NF, which allows mathematical universes, you still have no mathematical description of the whole mathematical reality. Tegmark is naïve about this.

*Arithmetical* platonia can be said to exist, at least in the sense that you can prove it to exist in models of acceptable set theories, like ZF. It is just the structure (N, +, x). It is used in all papers in physics, math and logic, including Pratt ...

Now, with computationalism, we don't even need such a mathematical arithmetical Platonia. We need only the idea that arithmetical truth (even a tiny effective part of it) is independent of you and me. Like in Plotinus, the ultimate being (arithmetical platonia) is not a being itself (nor is matter!).

So neither Platonia, nor even arithmetical Platonia needs to exist. Numbers needs to exist in some sense, and do exist in theories like RA or PA, in the sense that such theories formally proves that Ex(x = sssssss0) for example.

Just to be a bit precise.

Bruno