On Wed, Sep 14, 2011 at 00:13, Stephen P. King <stephe...@charter.net>wrote:

>  On 9/13/2011 11:28 AM, Bruno Marchal wrote:
>

>  On 12 Sep 2011, at 22:16, Craig Weinberg wrote:
>
> To say that complex things can result from very simple rules is true
> enough, but it's circular reasoning that distracts from the relevant
> questions: What are 'rules' and where do they come from?

1. Anything more than "Nothingness" requires explanation of its own
existence.[1]
2. Very simple programs can be Universal Turing Machines. An example of one:
[2]

=> One of the very simple programs must have somehow originated from
Nothingness.

But How? [3]

[1] Roger Ellman, "How and Why the Universe Began")
http://arxiv.org/ftp/physics/papers/9904/9904054.pdf)

[2] Alex Smith, "Universality of Wolfram’s 2, 3 Turing Machine" (
http://www.wolframscience.com/prizes/tm23/TM23Proof.pdf)

[3] Stephen Anastasi "On first cause" (
http://cosmogonycentral.blogspot.com/2007/06/on-first-cause.html)

>  You are the one assuming some physical reality. But mechanism can
> explains where such physical rules come from. They are consequences of
> addition and multiplication. More exactly, their *appearances* for the
> average universal machine are consequences of 0, +, and *.
>

>     Dear Bruno,
>
>     Could you give us a sketch of exactly how 'physical rules' or the
> appearance thereof are the "consequences of 0, + and *"? I think that there
> is more to the explanation than the fact that 0, + and * exist.... This is
> the part of your work that I still do not understand.
>

>   Onward!
>
> Stephen
>

> How are they
> enforced? Why would there be a difference between simple and complex
> to begin with and what makes one lead to the other but not the other
> way around?
>

>  They are all statically, but logically related.
>
>  Also, why do you make that argument, given that you seem to take for
> granted electromagnetism, that is Maxwell laws?
>

>  Bruno
>

>   http://iridia.ulb.ac.be/~marchal/
>

>  --

Mindaugas Indriūnas