On Wed, Sep 28, 2011 at 8:55 AM, Jason Resch<jasonre...@gmail.com>  wrote:

If it takes the brain 100 ms to compute a moment of awareness, then you can
know you were not created 1 microsecond ago.
Suppose your brain paused for 1 us every 99 ms. To an external
observer you would be functioning normally; do you think you would be
a philosophical zombie? We can change the thought experiment to make
the pauses and the duration of consciousness between the pauses
arbitrarily long, effectively cutting up consciousness however we
want, even if a conscious moment is smeared out over time.

That's true, regarding the brain as a classical computer or as an abstract computation. But those are the points in question. I doubt that it is true regarding the brain as the quantum object it is. It's not clear to me what it would mean in the QM case; "freezing the wave function"?