On Dec 28, 1:22 am, meekerdb <meeke...@verizon.net> wrote:
> On 12/27/2011 6:53 AM, Craig Weinberg wrote:
>
> >http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ViJH5nHpn_c
>
> > We don't need awareness to behave like we are aware.
>
> How are you interpreting this?  That the people were not aware of Brown's
> message, or that
> they weren't aware of raising their hands?  Or just that they were not
> conscious of why
> they raised their hand...they had no narrative explanation?

I removed this post actually, because I wasn't familiar with Brown and
assumed that this was an honest demonstration of mass hypnosis. After
learning a bit more about him I'm not sure what it actually is. He may
very probably be using shills to raise their hands first and
demonstrate the power of conformity rather than hypnotic suggestion.
If this was an honest demonstration of suggestion, then yes, they had
no awareness of initiating their hand raising behavior. If not, then
it just shows how one kind of awareness - visual perception, can drive
behavior without logical motive (another kind of awareness).