Stage hypnosis is one thing, but as a former psychotherapist who has
used hypnotherapy, I can say that it is a great oversimplification to
say that a hypnotic subject raises their hand without awareness. What
actually occurs is dissociation, in which awareness is split, not
absent. This has been experimentally demonstrated in cases of pain
suppression. It was shown that the subjects did perceive the pain,
although they did not do so consciously. Where such sub- or un-
conscious awareness remains, one can't really speak of a philosophical
zombie, rather one needs to acknowledge that consciousness is not the
undifferentiated unity it is sometimes represented as being in
philosophical discussion. It is layered, deeply structured and
complex, and there are many grey areas.