 In thinking about how to answer this I came across an excellent paper
by Roman Frigg and Charlotte Werndl
http://www.romanfrigg.org/writings/EntropyGuide.pdf which explicates
the relation more comprehensively than I could and which also gives
some historical background and extensions: specifically look at
section 4.

Thanks for the link. I will try to work it out to see if they have an answer to the four cases with the string "10" that I have described in my reply to Russell.