On Sat, Jan 28, 2012 at 08:58:54AM +0100, Evgenii Rudnyi wrote:
> On 27.01.2012 23:46 Russell Standish said the following:
> >For one thing, it indicates to storing just two bits of information
> >on these physical substrates is grossly inefficient!
>
> Well, you could contact governments then and try to convince them
> that coins in use are highly inefficient. It would be a good chance
> to have funding.

Chuckle. Maybe we can persuade them to get behind bitcoin :).

> By the way, at what temperature there will be possible to save more
> information, at higher or at lower one.

What does this mean?

> Brent and John are talking
> about the entropy and the higher temperature the higher the entropy.

True. But information has no such relationship with temperature, other
than that the maximum possible value for information increases with temperature.

Remember the equation S+I = S_max. S_max obviously increases with
temperature. So usually does S, but S can be decreased by organisation
of the matter - by the input of information.

> From an engineering viewpoint it looks a bit strange.

How so?