On 02.02.2012 19:12 John Clark said the following:
On Wed, Feb 1, 2012 at 3:10 PM, Evgenii Rudnyi<use...@rudnyi.ru>
wrote:

Could you please give me an example of a physical property that is
context dependent?

Off the top of my head, mass, velocity, duration and length.

John K Clark

Could you please expand and show what do you mean by context dependent. Often people employ the same words, but the meaning is completely different (as it happens, in my view, with the entropy in thermodynamics and in the information theory).

When Russell says that information is context dependent, we talk about for example a DVD. Then information capacity as defined by the company and the number of physical states are completely different. Hence the notation from Russell that information is context dependent.

Do you mean that mass in context dependent in the same sense as above? If yes, could you please explain it a bit more?

Evgenii