> http://pss.sagepub.com/content/22/5/613.abstract
>
> Abstract
>
>        > The feeling of being in control of one’s own actions is a strong
> subjective experience.

And the reason we feel that way is because we can't predict what the
external environment will throw at us, and even if we could we still
wouldn't always know what we would do next until we actually did it, and
the same is true of Turing Machines. When we eventually see what we did we
say we "decided" to do it, it's what the word means.

> > However, discoveries in psychology and neuroscience challenge the
> validity of this experience and suggest that free will is just an illusion.

The "free will" noise is not a illusion, the vibration of the air molecules
caused by that sound can be measured in the lab.

> > This raises a question: What would happen if people started to
> disbelieve in free will?

About the same thing would happen if people started to disbelieve in what
burps had to say.

  John K Clark