On 6/12/2012 4:40 PM, Pierz wrote:
I didn't say that we would all turn into self-deniers concerned only to help others. I said we would achieve an optimal moral society. Such a society would always bear in mind the absolute equality of all subjects (not in the 'royal subject' sense!), with each person knowing their actions are received by none other than themselves. The best moral action would be the selfish action, seen from the perspective of the entire self rather than the fragmentary self. Imagine you share an island with a person for one year, and you know that the next year, you will become the other person on the island at the start of the same year again - ie, you will experience everything from their perspective. How will it change the way you behave?

So does this universal person include dogs? apes? spiders? rocks?