Sender: meekerdb
Receiver: everything-list
Time: 2012-08-17, 15:06:39
Subject: Re: Descartes and the turf war between science and religion

On 8/17/2012 11:32 AM, Roger wrote:
Hi guys,
?
Regarding Descartes.....
?
There has always been, and still is, a turf war between science and religion,
each wanting to claim superiority over the other. And there's a bit of fear
because most people believe that there's only one truth or that truth comes in
only one form,
either in science or in the Bible.

WHOA! Talk about parochial.? I guess Roger hasn't heard of the Quran, the Tao,
the Eightfold Way, Dianetics, Wicca, the Torah,...

The interesting thing is that wars are fought over divine TRUTHs, be not over
scientific knowledge.