On 8/21/2012 1:35 PM, John Clark wrote:
On Tue, Aug 21, 2012 benjayk <benjamin.jaku...@googlemail.com <mailto:benjamin.jaku...@googlemail.com>> wrote:

    > In this post I present an example of a problem that we can
    (quite easily)
    solve, yet a computer can't, even in principle, thus showing that our
    intelligence transcends that of a computer. [...]

    Is the following statement true?
    'This statement can't be confirmed to be true solely by utilizing
    a computer'

The following statement is without question true:

"Benjamin Jakubik cannot consistently assert this sentence"

A computer would have no difficulty in asserting this true statement, in fact every one of you is looking at a computer now doing that simple task right now, and yet there is no logical paradox that threatens to tear the universe apart; and yet a human being, Benjamin Jakubik, is unable to perform this task, a task that even the smallest computer can do with ease.

  John K Clark

How would this work when it is the computer itself that is named and not some third party such as Ben?

--
Onward!

Stephen

~ Francis Bacon