On 9/17/2012 10:36 AM, Terren Suydam wrote:
Rex,

Do you have a non-platonist explanation for the "discovery" of the
Mandelbrot set and the infinite complexity therein?  How can you make
sense of that in terms of the constructivist point of view

How can you make sense of it otherwise. The Mandelbrot set is only interesting because it became possible to construct it by use of computers.

Brent

that you
are (I think) compelled to take if you argue against arithmetical
platonism?  It seems obvious that all possible intelligences would
discover the same forms of the Mandelbrot so long as they iterated on
z' = z^2  + c, but maybe I am missing the point of your argument.

Terren