On 9/24/2012 8:51 PM, Stephen P. King wrote:

If I don't observe it, then it doesn't matter who/what else observes something, the rest of the universe is still a superposition. It doesn't matter whether or not an interference pattern can be detected.

Saibal

Dear Saibal,

If you are operating under the stipulation that each observer is uniquely isolated from all others, then I agree with you.

Or it's Chris Fuch's instrumental Bayesianism which regards QM as just a way of representing one's knowledge of systems.

Brent

But I hope you understand the long range implications if this as it opens wide the need for an explanation for the appearance of interactions/mutual consistencies between observers.