All these phisicalists considerations are extremely interesting, but we can
not fall in the temptation to consider them an exhaustive notions of
untimate Truth. These considerations take phenomenons as things occurring
in the external reality, when really perceptions happens in the mind. In
the mind resides all that we can know about reality. And the mind is not a
neutral, objective device whose notion of existence is a yes/no switch. The
human mind is a tool of survival for which existence is much wider than the
phisical concept of existence.  For humans the existence of the Moon is
beyond doubt. What is debatable is the existence of water on it, or in the
past, if it was made of Chess. Note that water and chess have survival
values. Never anyone hoped that the moon was made of debris.

I just wanted to warm that at the human scale (considering man as the
measure of things), considering what really is worth, phisical
considerations have little importance when confronted with the concept of
existence, meaning and truth. These concepts like others, are handled in
our minds not by phisical, equational or logical considerations, but by
survival values, most of the times unconsciously, and these survival values
depend on how strong the social group becomes with these concepts (social
capital). becaluse the mind creates the reality, we must study this reality
of the mind, without pretending to reduce this to a physicalist
simplifications, because, in this case, we would be out of syinc with the
reality in which we live.

--
Alberto.