Platonia and Contingia

We are all somewhat familiar with Platonia,
the Platonic source of order in the world.

I suggest that there must also be Contingia,
that being our contingent, everyday world, which,
following Boltzmann and the concept of entropy,
is the source of disorder.

I would also like to suggest that Platonic causation
is goal-oriented, also referred to by Aristotle as end causation,
and favors life, while in Contingia, causation is that of
everyday determinism, which tends to create disorder,
entropy, decay and death.

Then there will always be two opposing forces, one
of order (Platonia) and one of disorder or entropy (Contingia).

Roger Clough, rclo...@verizon.net
9/29/2012