On 10/20/2012 3:10 PM, Craig Weinberg wrote:

http://www.tgdaily.com/general-sciences-features/66654-heisenbergs-uncertainty-principle-in-doubt

<http://www.tgdaily.com/general-sciences-features/66654-heisenbergs-uncertainty-principle-in-doubt>

    > Does it have implications for MW interpretations of quantum
    physics?

    > I'd love to see comments about this.
    >
    > Cheers,
    >
    > Dan
    > --
    Hi Dan,

         This article is rubbish. The writer does not understand the
    subtleties involved and does not understand that nothing like the
    tittle
    was found to be true.

I agree. I see what they were trying to get at: Measurement can cause uncertainty but not all of the uncertainty. They leave open the question of what does cause the uncertainty - i.e. perhaps the very nature of quantum is uncertain or immeasurable.

The problem of course is in the assumption "we're just going to make a *weak* measurement that won't have an effect on it". Sigh. I'll just stand in the bathroom with you...you won't even know I'm here. You can't fool the fabric of the universe. You can spoof it maybe, but you can't hide from it entirely.

Craig
Hi Craig,

Uncertainty is in the geometric/statistical relationship between observables themselves.

--
Onward!

Stephen