I have tried to post this several times.  It appears I am again having
issues with my email software.  I am sorry if it eventually posts multiple
times.

Hi John and Russell:

As far as I know all the "Laws of Physics" are based on observation and are
absent closed form proof.

Given the data I have seen, resource consumption and real GDP follow similar
size trajectories.  Twenty or more years ago I played with ideas on how they
[using quality of life experience for which real GDP would be a reasonable
proxy] might be decoupled to the benefit of species survival .   This
included consideration of what I now call pAP1.  Recently I had reason to
resurrect these old unpublished writings.   Review of these writings,
conversations  with  associates and the vantage point of 20 more years of
observation have caused me to believe that pAP1 has a global and unbreakable
hold on human behavior.   I believe even outliers such as survivalists if
subjected to accurate energy flow analysis would be shown to be fully in its
grasp. The consequences of this would be rather unpleasant as I indicated
and Russell appears to support.   Thus my recent posts looking for a
falsification of pAP1.  [I am  currently rewriting the early post to improve
clarity.]

John: I think my response to Stephen re his "finite resolution." responds to
your post also.

Hal

AFAIK, there is no requirement for resource consumption to be proportional
to GDP. So it should be possible to save the economy without wrecking the
planet.

But yes, ultimately life will have to move on from H. Sapiens...