On 12/16/2012 2:31 AM, Bruno Marchal wrote:
No. With the CTM the ultimate truth is arithmetical truth, and we cannot really define it (with the CTM). We can approximate it in less obvious ontologies, like second order logic, set theory, etc. But with CTM this does not really define it. Don't confuse truth, and the words pointing to it. Truth is always beyond words, even the ultimate 3p truth.

What would it mean to 'define truth'? We can define 'true' as a property of sentence that indicates a fact. But I'm not sure how to conceive of defining mathematical 'true'. Does it just mean consistent with a set of axioms, i.e. not provably false?