On 12/15/2012 3:20 PM, Roger Clough wrote:
Hi Stephen P. King
You agree with Peirce, then, that truth is what a consensus
will inevitably arrive at.

Hi Roger,

No, that would be Utopian. Truth must be perpetually sought. It is never "arrived at", much like a limit of an infinite number of actions.

As politics shows, however, the public is divided into
liberals and conservatives, who in principle can never agree.
because one bases his judgment on a moral  standpoint
(is it fair ?) and the other on arithmetic (we can't afford it).
Heart vs. mind, in short.

    We need people with hearts and minds, not one or the other.

But subjective truth is both.

    Indeed!

--
Onward!