On 12/18/2012 10:51 AM, Roger Clough wrote:
Hi Stephen P. King
You said
" I see space and time as, respectively, the order of simultaneous
givens and of sequentially givens of the percepts of monads. They emerge
from the statistics of entanglements between many monads and need not be
considered as existing a priori."
OK, the order of... that's how Leibniz or possibly his commentators defines
the actions of the monads.

Dear Roger,

But the quantum computer people say things like
"both the 0 and the 1 states exist at the same time."

I think that you are describing the 'qubit', which is the quantum version of a bit...

This is incomprehensible to modern physicists, who seem unwilling
to accept the existence of a nonphysical domain beyond spacetime.

I cannot care about that other than to understand that people that cling to such ideas are not advancing knowledge anymore.

And perhaps even Penrose, not sure.

I can't speak authoritatively for Penrose, but he does seem to be against a classical vision of he Universe but does also seem to imagine the universe as a fixed structure.

This would explain the domain of the mind and life
and intelligence. Thinking is then instantaneous,

    Yes, instantaneous within its own internal measure of such.

and mind has unlimited capacity, at least
as the One.

Yes, but communication/interaction between instances of the One is another story; those are necessarily finite.

--
Onward!

Stephen