On 12/24/2012 3:43 PM, Stephen P. King wrote:
On 12/24/2012 3:22 PM, meekerdb wrote:
On 12/24/2012 11:41 AM, Stephen P. King wrote:
Dear Roger,

Flies can unify their vision because the distance between their individual eyes is small and the number is finite. One can still manage to get a mutually commuting set of observations in these conditions. When one has an arbitrarily large distance between a pair of "eyes" and the number of them is infinite then it is impossible to have a mutually commuting set of observations. This is the problem of omniscience.

I have two eyes and no problem unifying them. Vision takes place in the brain, not the eyes.

Hi Brent,

    I think you missed the point I was trying to make.

Apparently. You are basing this impossibility on a literal infinity - not just "very very many"? In that case I'd agree because the literal infinity is itself impossible.