From: meekerdb
Receiver: everything-list
Time: 2013-01-12, 19:34:35
Subject: Re: WHY YOU SHOULDN'T BECOME A LIBERAL THEOLOGIAN

On 1/12/2013 3:03 AM, Roger Clough wrote:
Hi meekerdb

As you observe, beliefs can be slippery, because reason is the devil's whore.

Can you give any reason to believe that?

That's why we Lutherans rely first on faith (trust in God).
Second on the Bible.

So did Martin Luther rely on faith or the bible when he wrote, ""What shall we
do with...the Jews?...set fire to their synagogues or schools and bury and
cover with dirt whatever will not burn, so that no man will ever again see a
stone or cinder of them."

Brent
"We are at fault for not slaying them [the Jews]."
         ---Martin Luther, "On the Jews and Their Lies"