On 1/13/2013 2:48 AM, meekerdb wrote:
On 1/12/2013 6:58 PM, Stephen P. King wrote:
On 1/12/2013 7:19 PM, meekerdb wrote:
??? Who asked you to? I guess you're unaware that hydroelectric generators depend on solar energy? And that the energy in coal and oil came from the Sun. And that it's not an either-or choice. And that the Sun shines all the time, just not on your spot? And that energy can be stored? I assume you're switching to nuclear.

Fission of Uranium or thorium, it came from stars as well. :-) Goof points, Brent. The one hard nut is fusion...

Same to you. Uraniums and thorium came from stars - but not as sunlight.

Yeah and a horrid typo. I meant to complement you... It seems that the Egyptians sorta had it right to think of Ra (sun god) as supreme... I see the entire god argument as a bit silly. Once one takes out the "willful control" aspect to systems and the infinity out of "all", the problems of semi-omniscient/omnipotent gods is mute. I think that people are free to believe anything what want, but are not free of the consequences of bad beliefs.