On Wednesday, January 23, 2013 6:39:17 AM UTC-5, rclough wrote:

>  Hi Craig Weinberg
>
>  This get sillier the more realistically we examine your claim.
>
> It would also make an interesting experiment to record with a videocam
>  set off with a trip wire that could be posted on Youtube.
>
> How fast is the object of perception created in the brain?

There is no object created in the brain. Perception is an experience which
is accessed through the sensitivities of the brain to the body and the body
to the world.

> How fast would the rock be created ?

The rock is not created, except geologically. You really have no idea what
I'm talking about.

> Would it start being created at the point of contact, or all over ?

Not created - noticed in the experience of contact.

> Would that be faster than the blind man's reaction time ?

What does faster have to do with anything. If you can see, then you detect
the rock at a distance from your body. If you can't see, then you detect
the rock as it contacts your body or a prosthetic extension of your body.
Eyes extend the sense of your brain into a public optical context.

> Would there be a heat of solidification required ?
> Would that heat or cool the surrounding area ?

You are way out in your own strawman version of my view. Would what require
a heat or solidification? Kicking a rock?

> Would the creation of the rock show up on a videocam
>     recording the eventCould we hear that happen ? What would the creation
> of a rock sound like ?

Rocks sound like rocks when you kick them. They show up on videocam without
being created - they are detected by the photosensitive CDC, but that is as
far as it goes. That photosensitivity is not shared by any organism which
interprets it though emotional or cognitive sensitivity.

> How does the speed of creation of the rock compare with the blind man's
> reaction time to contacting the rock ?
> What would his perception look like to a blind man?

There is no rock 'created'. You are thinking of a caricature of idealism
and projecting it onto me, and I suspect that you always will. Not your
fault, but you aren't going to learn anything if you don't understand what
I'm proposing.

Craig