Spewing some notes here...thinking about how efficient cause correlates to
bodies in public space, since they are the actual representation of past
events. Final cause correlates to private experiences through time since
the opportunity to participate directly and act upon the public world is
through anticipation of possible futures and the expression of personal
preferences as motor actions.

Consider some general aesthetic qualities of our personal experience. We
are influenced from 'below' by motives - dynamic insistent presentations of
want, need, instinct. Call it the id, libido, subconscious, etc. It is
primarily physiological and evolutionary...influences 'of the flesh'. I
call this sub-personal as it relates to the satisfaction of glandular and
cellular agendas.

The super-personal influences, by contrast, benefit from the opposite
sensory-motive relation. Instead of acting as a gatekeeper for sub-personal
motives, the person acts as a receiver for super-signifying intuitions.
Where the sub-personal motives are intense and coercive, the super-personal
senses are barely perceivable. It is up to us to open the aperture of our
own sensitivity and understanding. If we are compelled to follow these
'higher inspirations' of conscience, it is because we have 'seen the light'
of their truth and willingly internalize them. They do not coerce and
command, nor do they beg and plead, but they do seem to hold up a mirror to
some personal motive so that it is reflected back to the person from a
super-personal perspective. The super-ego, the crown chakra, etc...our
conduit to eternity, and along the way, a psychic jungle of transpersonal
signifiers - the collective unconscious, cultural and anthropological
archetypes. This is the interior of nature, the private side of
physics...not deep space, but deep time.

The notions of 'physical' and 'non-physical' are, IMO, misleading and
outdated. Every experience is a physical phenomenon and every physical
phenomenon is an experience. Physicality is a relative term, so that a
limousine that you ride in on a road on Earth is more physically real than
a limousine that you ride in a dream, but the dream itself is still a
physical reality. The experience of both limos is equally physical and
real, but the realism of the former reflects a multitude of sensory-motor
participants outside of the self while the latter is limited to the private
range of presentation. We can pick up sensory intuitions from the public
range of our experience while dreaming, sometimes precognitive echoes from
the super-personal perspective (which is increasingly temporally blurred in
its depths...eternity is does not contain all future events pre-proscribed
as if they had already, transpired, but rather is something else; it is the
largest "now" within which our personal human "now" is a narrow partition.

The big innovation is to recognize that there is no noumenal reality
outside of the totality of experience, and there is no pre-established
harmony playing matchmaker between two separate ontologies. Instead, what I
propose is a single Ouroboran twisted, nested, panexperientially reflexive
sensory-motive ontology.

Instead of physical and non-physical, there is public and private. Instead
of efficient and final cause there is teleonomy and teleology or chance and
choice - each quality being a relativistic aesthetic. The more public a
given phenomenon is, the more teleonomic it seems, and the more
teleological it seems, the more private it is. This reason for this
aesthetic dualism is consistent throughout. The conjugate of sense is
distance, so that what is not extended publicly is intended privately.

The most confusing part of all of this is that because our awareness covers
different sensitivities on different levels, not all of them can recognize
each other. Our personal logic may disqualify both the sub-personal drives
as vestigial noise from evolution and the super-personal intuitions as
superstitions...and in doing that, it actually contributes to fulfilling
that expectation by contracting the apertures of sense from the periphery
to focus straight ahead on the personal range agendas.