Hi Craig,
  That is interesting, relating 1st person clocking behavior to "random
decay rates". We know that there is a "average" decay rate and we can
determine it rather accurately - just gather a huge pile
of stochastic decay data and grind it through the statistical algorithm.
The hard part is showing that the initial stochasticity (variability of
period) necessitates an internal self-modeling process ala consciousness.
'What it is like to be a neutron" does not seem to be very challenging for
a model of consciousness... Can Bruno's do that?