On Thursday, April 11, 2013 9:30:05 PM UTC-4, stathisp wrote:

> On Fri, Apr 12, 2013 at 5:35 AM, Craig Weinberg
> <whats...@gmail.com<javascript:>>
> wrote:

> >> It couldn't.
> >

> > Are you saying then that matter is random, or that it is neither random
> nor
> > deterministic?
>
> Matter behaves randomly, but probability theory allows us to make
> predictions about random events.

Ohh, so it's the special randomness which can be predicted by deterministic
theories. Random until it isn't. Sounds intriguing.

Think of intention as a probability theory which operates actively rather
than passively. It allows us to make our predictions about random events
come true frequently. The theory has a particular feature we call "effort"
which modulates the degree to which we expect our predictions to come true.

Craig