On Mon, May 13, 2013 at 1:56 AM, meekerdb <meeke...@verizon.net> wrote:

> See the actual paper:
>
> http://arxiv.org/pdf/1304.4595v1.pdf

That's not the same paper and as far as I can tell Catherine McGeoch had
nothing to do with it. And the paper you refer to is about a 108 qbit
computer but these new results are for a 439 qbit computer. This was just a
announcement, the actual paper about these new results won't be available
till Wednesday.  It's true that these results have not yet been published
in a peer reviewed journal but if they hold up it's huge. The fact that
firms like Google and Lockheed have payed good money for earlier versions
of D Wave's machines gives me some confidence that it's not just hot air.

  John K Clark