On 28 May 2013, at 19:54, John Clark wrote:

On Tue, May 28, 2013 at 1:33 PM, Bruno Marchal <marc...@ulb.ac.be> wrote:

>> If even mighty Google doesn't know what Bp&p is then I'm not embarrassed in not knowing either.

>You might search on "Theatetus" instead, as Russell suggested.

If you want to communicate why should I need to search at all? And if even Google doesn't know what the hell Bp&p is then it's ridiculous to expect your readers to know what you're talking about.

Come on, John. Search for "true opinion".

Bp & p is a formula using some notation for this, and I am perhaps the first to use modal logic and arithmetic to analyze the Theaetetus. You might search at []p & p, but I think it is ridiculous to google on a formula, which might use different symbol token and has no standard form.

Just look at "true opinion", or "true belief". Or consult the book I mentioned to you. Ah, Google find Löb when you search on "beweisbar('p') & p" in the German wikipedia!

Note that socrates refutes Theatetus' argument for that definition, but then Gödel's (+ Church's thesis) save it again. There is a famous critics by Gettier on this (often mentioned by Brent), so you can search also on "belief gettier".