On 10/19/2013 11:38 PM, Bruno Marchal wrote:
What
I still get stuck on is that we may know many things, but the only
things we can know we know are essentially private things things, such
as the fact that we are conscious, or what the colour red seems like
to us.

Are you leaving out the axioms and theorems of arithmetic? Are they not things we know and are public?

Brent

Are these all things you would say satisfy the proposition [o]([o]p)

Yes. for the correct machines. Of course we don't know that we are correct, so in practice, it is less easy, far less easy. But we don't need that to get the physics.