It echoes a thought I've had myself at times, and which if turned into a
religion might even make people be nicer to one another - perhaps - namely
the idea that there is only one mind, shuffling through every possible
life. Of course this is an infinite sequence, and the mind would I guess be
something like God, living inside his creation so as to experience it - the
universe creating senses with which to perceive itself, or words to that
effect.

Or were you after literary criticism?