On 14 Nov 2013, at 04:47, meekerdb wrote:

On 11/13/2013 7:26 PM, LizR wrote:
On 14 November 2013 16:18, Chris de Morsella <cdemorse...@yahoo.com> wrote: But as Telmo points out we can't just wait till fossil fuel runs out and then switch. It takes energy to build nuclear power plants and solar panels and wind tubines. In principle they could bootstrap themselves, but not on the time scale we need to make the transition.

Who's suggesting we wait and then switch?

A lot of the FUD campaign is to say the science is uncertain; we need to wait until we're sure.

That's why it would help if people understand that science, by its very nature, is uncertain, and so "being uncertain" is NOT a reason for not taking decision.

The use of science by government of science is of the type of pseudo- religion abuse.

Bruno

We can't take action that will have negative economic effects on the basis of imperfect climate models.