On 11/13/2013 7:26 PM, LizR wrote:
On 14 November 2013 16:18, Chris de Morsella <cdemorse...@yahoo.com <mailto:cdemorse...@yahoo.com>> wrote:

    But as Telmo points out we can't just wait till fossil fuel runs out and
    switch.  It takes energy to build nuclear power plants and solar panels and
    tubines.  In principle they could bootstrap themselves, but not on the time
scale we
    need to make the transition.

Who's suggesting we wait and then switch?

A lot of the FUD campaign is to say the science is uncertain; we need to wait until we're sure. We can't take action that will have negative economic effects on the basis of imperfect climate models.