Cost-ways, I can see this.

-----Original Message-----
From: meekerdb <meeke...@verizon.net>
To: everything-list <everything-list@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Fri, Nov 15, 2013 7:37 pm
Subject: Re: Nuclear power

On 11/15/2013 4:11 PM,      spudboy...@aol.com wrote:

What about thorium schemes Dr. Standish? Also, are      things such as
hydroelectric reservoirs built on the ocean, and      lifting sea water as
pumped storage workable, or is it an energy      sink, where we expend more
energy then we produce to accomplish      this? My scheme would be to use
Canadian Slowpoke reactive      reactors, to lift ocean water, on to use
billions of litres to      drive turbines,as needed. Unworkable, or plausible?

    Well that reactor still depends on uranium from fuel and I don't    think
it's a breeder reactor.  Also it's not clear whether they can    be scaled up
to city-power size.  Using pumped water storage has    worked well some places
where there was a large elevated reservoir    available.  I don't think it's
practical if you have build elevated    tankage.

    Brent