On Thu, Nov 21, 2013 at 3:45 AM, Bruno Marchal <marc...@ulb.ac.be> wrote:

> On 20 Nov 2013, at 21:35, John Mikes wrote:
>
> Telmo wrote:
>

> *"I admire the US constitution too. In fact, my political position is
> essentially to follow it (although I like to imagine possibilities for
> **peaceful
> world with further increases in freedom)*."
>
> Which Constitution? the one epoch-opening chef-d'oeuvre based on
> modernized medieval ideas of those well educated smoking-duelling
> slave-owner male chauvinist Forefathers,
> who just did not want to pay taxes to the King of England, or the later
> "amended" versions of the same obsolete construct making it into a
> gun-toting killer - corrupt, faith-ruled money-monger (with SOME
> exceptions, thank you).
>
>  I join you in admiring the original one - as a relic, an innovation
> historical masterpiece FOR THE 18th CENTURY. Not for the 21st.
> My admiration stopped short when I realized the outcome:
> a 'special-interest money'-ruled anti-democratic conglomerate, *governing*a
> so called government into committing crimes (international and domestic)
> originally excluded
> from it's 'modus (regulatio) vivendi'.
>
> How can you imagine a 'peaceful' world with capitalistic (I call it:
> econo-feudalistic) principles, imperialistic (oil?) wars and forcing own
> interest on other countries? (Not to
> mention the availability of all level governance for enough money).
>

> Gödel pretended that the US constitution was inconsistent and refused to
> sign it. Einstein intervened and succeeded in changing Gödel's mind (about
> not signing it to get the "green card" or the nationality).
> Einstein asked Gödel if the US constitution could prevent something like a
> Nazy party to take power, like in Germany, and Gödel said that it could!

There was a letter describing the event which was long thought to be lost,
but was recently found as described here:

http://morgenstern.jeffreykegler.com/

See the bottom of page 7 in this 2006 letter by the IAS:
http://www.ias.edu/files/pdfs/publications/letter-2006-spring.pdf

> I don't think capitalism is the problem, but financial lobbying and
> corporatism; + lies, can pervert completely a democracy.

Yes, I think where things stand today is the result of something different
from the flaw Godel found.

Jason