On Sun, Nov 24, 2013 at 5:02 PM,  <spudboy...@aol.com> wrote:
> Do you think that Conway's Game of Life and this new app, speak to the
> notion that we ourselves might be living within a cellular automata (more of
> a Von Newmann thing then Conway)??

This is really cool, but I don't think that the GoL is enough to model
fundamental reality. My intuition is that it is sufficient to capture
some aspects of it, maybe enough to create a toy model that bootstraps
evolutionary processes. On the other hand, the type of locality in GoL
seems too simplistic.

I believe that the GoL is Turing-complete, so if you accept comp you
can imagine the universal machine running in the medium of the GoL,
but I don't think this is what you're looking for.

Telmo.