On Mon, Dec 16, 2013 at 8:34 PM, Stephen Paul King <
stephe...@provensecure.com> wrote:

> Hi Liz,
>   Yes! Consider a universe with only 16 objects in it.
Our observable universe has less than 10^100 things in it, yet the HTTPS
connection to my mail server relied on prime numbers of many hundreds of
digits, far larger than 10^100.

If numbers larger than things that can be counted can still have definite
properties, then I would say 17 is still prime even in a universe with 16,
(or for that matter 0) things in it.