On 12/17/2013 3:40 PM, LizR wrote:
On 18 December 2013 12:23, meekerdb <meeke...@verizon.net <mailto:meeke...@verizon.net>> wrote:

    The first step has to be to stop population growth. That's pretty much
happened in
    all the OECD nations, except the U.S. and it would be the case there too
except for
    immigration from the south.  How to stop population growth: *educate women*
so they
    can lead meaningful lives aside from bearing children and provide readily
available
    birth control; and get rid of Catholicism, Mormonism, and any other religion
    preaches against birth control.

That is exactly how to stop population growth. Wherever women are given equal rights the birth rate drops dramatically (if they are forced to choose between children and a career, it drops precipitously - the places that get the balance right allow you to do both).

I think it takes education too. There's a high birthrate among teenage latina girls in CA and I think it's just because culturally motherhood is the only adult endeavor that's presented to them.