On 12/29/2013 6:10 AM, Edgar L. Owen wrote:
Liz,

No, it is clear that your here is not the same as mine because you are not here. However it is quite clear that you absolutely must be doing something in the exact same present moment that I write this sentence. That is the present moment that we share.

No, that's not clear at all. Since you and Liz are not in the same place and the speed of light is the same in all inertial frames, there exist a whole range of Liz's moments which may correspond to your moment depending on which moving frame is arbitrarily chosen to determine simultaneity.

Do you somehow imagine that there is some gap in your time line that takes you out of existence as I write this sentence? If there isn't then you must agree we do share a common present moment...

But it is not uniquely defined.

Brent

Edgar