I think I've read enough to be fairly sure that Mr Owen doesn't understand
the problem. Brent just stated it uneqivocally. There is no unique mapping
from one observer's present moments to another's, or to put it another way,
there are an infinite number of equally valid mappings. It took scientists
a while to get their head around this (Eddington said sometime around 1910
that only 3 people understood it, or rather than he couldn't think who the
third one was, iirc) But we've now had 108 years in which to grasp this
fact, it checks out in countless experiments, it's built into the design of
the GPS system - there is no "unique present moment".

(Another way to look at it is that the "present moment" is a hyperslice
through space-time, and the slices that go through a given event can be
oriented at various angles to the light cone of that event.)