On 12/29/2013 3:18 PM, Edgar L. Owen wrote:
Pierz,

If block time is actual and something actually exists in past times then the energy must actually exist there and be real also. Thus a new universe of energy is being created at every new moment of time. Energy is not being converted from one form to another but stored in each moment of past time. Block time does violate conservation of energy. I know there are ways people try to weasel out of this but they are not convincing.

You don't seem to grasp what "conserved" means. It means the conserved quantity is the same at different times - not that it is zero in the past and future and non-zero now.

Block time is simply not possible, and as I've pointed out before SR and the associated STc Principle conclusively falsify it. Not only that no one who accepts the block time nonsense has been able to come up with any convincing physics based reason why we exist in a present moment, or even seem to exist in a present moment

Choose a moment, a spacelike surface, in the block universe. Inspect the brain of person at this surface. There will be complex structures that remember earlier, but not later, moments in the block universe. Consider a slightly later moment along the world line of that brain. There will be new structures corresponding to information from the past light cone. That's why the brain thinks there's a present moment - it got some new (to it) information that makes that moment different from all the previous ones.

Brent

, since you don't believe there actually is one.

Best,
Edgar