On 30 Dec 2013, at 21:49, John Clark wrote:

On Sun, Dec 29, 2013 at 4:09 PM, meekerdb <meeke...@verizon.net> wrote:

> If an influence can go backward in time as well as forward then it can effectively have FTL influence,

We already know for a fact that faster than light influences exist, and this has nothing to do with any theory, it was found experimentally.

There is no faster than light influences in QM. You need to have an explicit physical collapse to have that. In the MW, the non locality is only apparent.

Of course this does not mean you can sent a message faster than light, matter and energy and information are still limited by the speed of light, but influences can certainly go astronomically faster, probably infinitely faster.

I suggest you do by yourself a thorough analysis of quantum teleportation in the MW setting. You can see well why it looks like faster than light influence exist, but there are none. Alice eventually just tells Bob in which partition of the multiverse they have situated themselves in.

The existence of "spooky" action at a distance is not supported by QM, only by QM + "one unique cosmos". The splitting of universe (or their differentiation) is a local phenomenon which spread at the speed of physical interaction, which is slower than c.