On 31 Dec 2013, at 18:24, John Clark wrote:

On Tue, Dec 31, 2013 at 4:46 AM, Bruno Marchal <marc...@ulb.ac.be> wrote:

> There is no faster than light influences in QM. You need to have an explicit physical collapse to have that. In the MW, the non locality is only apparent.

So it's all only apparent. I hate it when people say X is a illusion without even hinting at how that illusion works.

See Steve Price FA on Everett, or Tipler's paper, or Deutsch and Hayden paper, or keep in mind the universal wave is "just" a wave evolving without any action at a distance or any indeterminacy in its evolution. Quantum computer are Turing (classicaly) emulable.

> Alice eventually just tells Bob in which partition of the multiverse they have situated themselves in.

Alice tells Bob? The problem is that the laws of physics provide no way for Alice to say one word to Bob nor Bob to Alice.

I was alluding to the moment, in the quantum teleportation protocol, when Alice send classicaly the two supplementary bits of information to Bob so that it can recuperate the information in which partition of the multiverse he is. There is nothing non local. Those two supplementary bits needs to be send classicaly to "transform" the quantum teleportation (of an arbitrary qubit).

Bruno

  John K Clark